The interactive exhibit is a social commentary on the tragic and unnecessary deaths triggered by the violence surrounding sneaker culture product procurement and trade. The exclusive installation, Black Souls collection, and pop-up shop will be located at the One Six Six space powered by UNKNWN – located at 166 NW 26th Street (Miami, FL 33127) until December 10th 2018.
Upon entering the BLACK SOULS installation, guests are immediately drawn to a vortex of darkness as a portion of One Six Six’s raw studio space enveloped into black nothingness, symbolizing the senseless loss of life –
Lining the walls of the space are four new original canvas paintings by Ju Working on Projects which will be available for collector acquisition for a limited time during the event.
- Julian Victor LaMarr Gaines, known as Juwop (or Ju Working On Projects) is a 27-year-old multi-faceted freelance fine-artist, designer and consultant from Chicago’s Southeast side.
- Ju Working On Projects work with NIKE and Jordan Brand includes two recent collaborations:
- 2018’s “Game Worn” collection that includes ’80s classics: the Nike Sky Force and Vortex
- 2017’s “Trap n Fields” Collection including a hand painted Nike AF1
- UNKNWN is Miami’s premier contemporary retailer
- One Six Six space powered by UNKNWN located at 166 NW 26th St, Miami, Florida is a temporary pop-up space in Wynwood.